Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares Review

Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants #5) by Ann Brashares

This book made me incredibly nostalgic. I remembered being in middle school and high school reading this series, and seeing the movies with friends. (And of course, crying.)

I didn't re-read the other books before reading this one and it's been a few years, but I did remember the characters. I will say there's a completely unexpected twist in the book, but I don't want to give it away. I have mixed feelings overall. I did love this book, but part of me almost wishes Ann Brashares hadn't written it. I felt like she left the characters in a pretty good place in the fourth book. It's always kind of difficult to see fictional characters you're fond of grown up. (Like I could really have done without the epilogue in the last Harry Potter.)

Does anyone else feel this way about fictional characters?




No comments:

Post a Comment